Frog Legs Anyone?

In the words of my eleven year old

You are the most awesome mom and teacher ever!

after we dissected his first frog, well, his first anything courtesy of



I am always seeking new hands on curriculum or projects for Logan and since we are full engaged in to our habitat unit for science why not dissect a frog? We had to reassure our family frogs Mung Daal and Chowder that they were safe and weren't on the chopping block sort of speak I order the kit and POOF; a week later we have a frog to dissect!

The kid has mad scalpel skills, I was very impressed!

He went through each organ, observed and was very intense doing so. 

I have to admit I am not wanting anything meat wise to eat today so we plan on having pizza with friends for lunch ha!

Homeschooling Rocks!





2 comments:

  1. Cute story and wonderful that you are homeschooling. I popped over after seeing your post on Blogaholic and followed you on Linky. I spent a year teaching in a school district in Texas. After having a son with special needs and seeing what happened in public schools with 6 grandchildren, I wouldn't have a child in public school, at least where I've lived. That's even more true if they have challenges or special needs or are gifted. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:-) We had an awesome time, it was a great science project! I hear that all the time from former or current teachers "Keep homeschooling your child, don't put them in public school!" Florida's school are horrendous! They are purely FCAT driven which is ridiculous and extremely stressful the children.

    ReplyDelete