Top Chef Winner Of Just Desserts Is Just Awesome

Watching Top Chef with my mom and dad is one of my favorite things to do. When Top Chef Just Desserts aired my mom showed me that her friends husband was one of the chefs. I remembered him from other food competitions and was excited to watch him on Top Chef. His name is Chef Chris Hanmer and he won the season. 

In June we went back home to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to visit my grandpa and nana and my whole family. My mom's friend Caryn saw that we were coming to visit and told us we should come down to see them. Chris and Caryn opened a shop in downtown Sioux Falls called CHPatisserie. My mom will have to post the website. 

I was excited and when I met him I was starstruck. It was so cool. His daughter was there and she was cute and really funny. They gave me a mustache suitcase tag and Chris said I could pick out whatever dessert I wanted. 



There was so many but I chose a brownie because those are my favorite.


My dad and grandpa picked out something too. So did my mom.




When it was time to go I had my picture taken with Chris.


It was the best day ever!

I am writing this now because sometimes I have a hard time expressing how I feel and I don't want my mom and dad to do it for me all the time. Chris didn't treat me like an annoying kid or that I wasn't important. He didn't treat me different because I was feeling awkward. Chris and Caryn are very nice people. It meant a lot to me that Chris talked to me and didn't ask my mom and dad questions about me while I was standing right there. I don't like it when people do that. I'm awkward not invisible.

Some people let fame get to them. They treat people differently. They want others to feel bad and that is a jerk thing to do. Not Chef Chris! He is awesome! Thank you Chris and Caryn!

And that brownie was the best I have ever eaten. 

Five mustaches for them




My mom will post their website.
Have the best day ever everyone!

Love, Logan

Hello Quirky Peeps! The mom here.
Here is the website for CH Patisserie

Logan's focus is it write about those who treat others with kindness and respect. That is his mission. Spread the mustache love! You never know what lasting impression you leave on a child by simply not dismissing them because they are different.

xxoo Andrea  






5 comments:

  1. Very cool, Logan! I also love brownies. Oh and nice people. I love nice people, too. What a fun day indeed. Thank you for sharing this story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post- they sound like great people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic review Logan! Everything looked amazing too. Keep sharing your wonderful stories, you are a true inspiration. :)

    ~Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Logan! I have a fondness for brownies as well so I agree with your pick! Keep up the great work! I look forward to reading more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Logan! Loved reading about Chief Chris and your best day ever! Can't wait to read more of your posts. :{) <<< That's suppose to be a smiley face with a mustache!

    ReplyDelete